Using HARO (Help A Reporter Out) to connect with journalists and bloggers is a great way to share your relevant expertise. But, using HARO can also be useful for increasing your visibility, both in the media and on podcasts.
How? First, mentions in traditional media sources can increase your authority and credibility. And, until recently, using HARO has been most relevant for traditional news sources and written media outlets. Increasingly, though, we’re seeing it being used to source expert guests for podcasts, which makes it a valuable platform to include within the scope of your podcast pitching research.
In this episode, I talk to Erin Ollila, a big brand copywriter and content strategist about how she is using HARO to source relevant experts. We also cover the similarities and differences between pitching for podcasts and HARO, as well as how pitching to HARO can help you to create content that can be used on your other channels.
Using HARO to Pitch Media and Podcasts with Erin Ollila
Topics covered include:
- How Erin is using HARO in her work and what you should expect if you sign up to this service
- The similarities and differences between pitching for podcast opportunities and pitching to HARO
- Erin’s idea of what an excellent HARO pitch looks like – plus her No. 1 DO NOT DO!
- How I’m using HARO to get ideas about the kinds of content that people are interested in
- Recent trends in HARO activity, including the increasing number of podcast guest requests
- How time spent creating HARO pitches isn’t wasted, even when you aren’t successful
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more info at Angie’s website
- Visit HARO website and follow HARO on Twitter
- Visit Erin’s website and sign up for a free mini-website audit
- Erin on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Erin’s Facebook page
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to subscribe in Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at The Podcasting Editor for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.