Today’s episode is a different type of interview than I normally share. After a recent podcast appearance of my own, I was approached by Danny Ozment, the host of ‘So You Want to Podcast?’, about appearing as a guest on his show.
But rather than just a straight-up interview, he suggested we do a podcast swap. So, instead of recording an interview for each of our shows separately, we recorded one conversation that we both could use for each of our shows. I thought that was a really interesting idea, so that’s what you’re hearing now.
Danny is a marketing consultant, brand strategist and podcast producer who helps entrepreneurs and businesses create podcasts that build brand loyalty and make their marketing efforts more effective. Danny is a classically trained musician who previously worked in arts and music and found he needed to work from home to support his family. He uses his skill set to help podcasters and other businesses deliver their message more effectively.
As I mention in the episode, we’re both serving the same audience but in complementary ways, which makes for a great discussion and podcast swap. I’d love to hear your thoughts and takeaways from this one, for sure.
Podcast Swaps, Pitching, & Producing with Danny Ozment
Topics covered include:
- Our different approaches to opt-ins
- Danny’s work history and how he transitioned into the podcasting space
- What makes a guest stand out for Danny
- The kind of equipment you need, both to appear on other people’s podcasts and to start making your own
- The benefits of guesting on other people’s podcasts
- When is a good time for people to start their own podcasts and not just guest on other peoples?
- Danny’s thoughts on pitching: What makes them stand out in a good way?
I hope you enjoyed this episode with two podcast nerds talking shop. And, I’d love to hear your thoughts as to whether or not you might consider the podcast swap approach for your podcast. Tag me on IG @angie_trueblood and let me know what you think.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Sign up for the waitlist and be notified as soon as we open the doors for the next round of the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens
- Book a discovery call or a 1:1 Fix My Pitch strategy session
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Listen to Angie on episode 41 of the Success with Soul podcast: How to be a Guest on Podcasts
- Visit Danny Ozment’s website and follow him on Instagram
- Visit the Emerald City Productions website
- Listen to Danny’s version of this conversation on episode 86 of So You Want To Podcast?: Go Pitch Yourself as a Podcast Guest with Angie Trueblood
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
Follow & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to follow via Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.