Up until a few months ago, Azhelle Wade had worked for 10 years as a product developer with the major players in the toy industry. Since joining the Go Pitch Yourself program in April 2020, though, Azhelle’s business has exploded, both with visibility opportunities AND business growth. Now, she enjoys working full-time as an entrepreneur and the sky is her limit!
Today Azhelle is now known industry-wide as The Toy Coach, joyfully working as a consultant for popular IP’s and toy companies of all sizes. Her first-of-its-kind online course, Toy Creators Academy, helps aspiring toy people develop, launch, and pitch toy ideas like a pro.
Pitching Yourself Into Entrepreneurship with Azhelle Wade
Topics covered include:
- What Azhelle did in the toy industry and what she does now as The Toy Coach in her entrepreneurship journey
- How she was trying to grow her podcast – Making It in The Toy Industry – organically when she discovered the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Why it took Azhelle some time before she accepted that she is an entrepreneur
- Racial bias in the toy industry, and the impact that the Black Lives Matter movement had on Azhelle’s brand
- How she manages her pre-interview nerves!
- The point at which Azhelle felt she was in the right place to quit her job and make the transition into entrepreneurship as her new full-time career
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more information on Angie’s website including details of the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Visit The Toy Coach
- Listen to Azhelle Wade’s podcast, Making It in The Toy Industry
- Find Azhelle on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Listen to Angie on Episode 109 of Jaclyn Mellone’s Go To Gal podcast – How to Pitch Yourself as a Podcast Guest with Angie Trueblood
- Listen to Azhelle on the Creative Introvert Podcast – Azhelle Wade on Unlocking Your Great Toy Ideas
- Watch Azhelle on InventRightTV, her YouTube channel – How to Become a Toy Designer
- Listen to episode 142 of the Heart + Hustle podcast – The Business of Toys featuring Azhelle Wade of The Toy Coach
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I would love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to subscribe to Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.