Have you ever considered buying podcast advertising for your business? Perhaps you have your own podcast and you want to approach sponsors for monetization opportunities. Or maybe you just want to get a better feel for the whole podcasting landscape.
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of those statements you’re going to get a lot out of today’s episode. My guest today, Meagan Francis, has an incredible amount of knowledge about the podcasting landscape and industry.
Meagan is a 15+ year media veteran whose work has appeared in nearly every medium, from books, magazines, and blogs, to social media, radio, and television. She is a respected leader in the parenting and women’s lifestyle audio space.
Meagan’s wealth of experience comes from establishing and co-hosting The Mom Hour podcast since 2015. She has also stepped into the production space, co-owning the Life, Listened network in 2012. Life, Listened specializes in creating podcasts for women and moms. The network also offers professional sound engineering, launch coaching, and individualized consulting services.
Monetization, Advertising and the Podcasting Landscape with Meagan Francis
Topics covered include:
- How Angie and Meagan met
- How Meagan moved into podcasting after previously working in print and blogging
- Why Meagan and Sarah Powers (her partner on The Mom Hour podcast) decided to create the Life, Listened network – also, what exactly is a podcast network?
- The additional hurdles to navigate when you’re pitching to podcast networks – including how to find the right contact points
- Things to consider if you’re thinking about advertising on podcasts. And how to pitch to sponsors to create monetization opportunities for your own podcast
- What Meagan and Sarah are looking for in the pitches they receive
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more information on Angie’s website including details of the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Visit Meagan Francis’ website, Mother of Reinvention
- Visit TheMomHour.com and listen to The Mom Hour podcast
- Visit Powers of Mine, the website of Sarah Powers, co-host of The Mom Hour podcast
- Visit Life, Listened
- Listen to Meagan on Episode 61 of Kendra Hennessy’s Mother Like a Boss podcast: The ever-changing seasons of motherhood w/ Meagan Francis
- Find Meagan on Instagram and Twitter
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I would love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to subscribe to Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at PodcastingEditor.com for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.