If you’re using podcast guest appearances as part of your visibility strategy, then you likely have thought about launching your own podcast. But where would you even start?
My guest today is Rachel Nielson, the host of 3 in 30 Takeaways for Moms, a podcast for moms who want to love motherhood as much as they love their children. When Rachel launched her podcast three years ago her first-month download figures were in the hundreds. Now, 3 in 30 Takeaways for Moms podcast episodes have monthly downloads of 150,000+! So how did she get there?? We chat about the initial steps of podcast set-up, how she has grown her audience, how to work with sponsors, how to monetize your podcast, and the unique guest application process she’s put in place.
How to Launch and Monetize Your Podcast Successfully with Rachel Nielson
Topics covered include:
- Why Rachel started her podcast and how she came up with its unique format
- The reasons why Rachel thinks that moms should invest in their dreams – also the cost of her initial podcast set-up
- Rachel’s approach to how to monetize your podcast and successfully work with sponsors without giving up control
- The process by which Rachel accepts guests and pitches and how this has evolved as the show has grown
- Details of a FREE Podcast University online masterclass [affiliate link]
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more info at Angie’s website including details of the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Subscribe to the 3 in 30 Takeaways for Moms podcast
- Sign up for a FREE Podcast University online masterclass [affiliate link]
- Visit the Podcast University [affiliate link]
- Follow Rachel Nielson and the 3 in 30 Podcast on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to subscribe to Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at The Podcasting Editor for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.