Since a solid content strategy encompasses all the types of content you create, I thought it would make to chat about how to efficiently and strategically create content that will draw your ideal clients to you.
As a listener of the Go Pitch Yourself podcast, I know you’re looking to increase your visibility and share your passion and expertise with others. But, if you create the content to support those outreach efforts without a solid strategy in place, you’ll likely spend a ton of time and energy to get less than stellar results.
Abby Herman is a content strategist, business consultant and podcaster. She helps business owners increase their visibility through personalized content strategies and implementation. As she says, “Marketing in your business is something that will generate revenue but it’s not as tangible as making a sale. So I think a lot of people put it off”.
SPOILER ALERT: if you have begun pitching for and appearing on podcasts, you already have some marketing content. You just need to know how, where and when to use it. Find out in this episode, which is packed with great takeaways that will help you to get on top of your marketing.
Topics covered include:
- Abby’s definition of what makes a content strategy and the difference between Content and Copy
- The importance of creating content that is specifically developed for particular platforms, including how to make the best use of your own podcast appearances
- How to find out which aspects of your “Zone of Genius” your audience is interested in
- Why Abby chose podcast guesting as a visibility strategy and the positive impacts it has had on her business
- Even though she doesn’t accept podcast pitches, Abby still sees value in them. Find out what she wants to see (or doesn’t).
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more info at Angie’s website including details of the Go Pitch Yourself program
- Episode 36 of the Abby’s Stories in Small Business podcast, How to Pitch a Podcast with Angie Trueblood
- Visit Abby Herman’s website for the Stories in Small Business podcast
- Sign up for Abby’s FREE 4-Step Content Strategy Clarity workbook
- Check out Airtable mobile and desktop apps to organise your content strategy
- Visit Abby on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word! Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to subscribe in Apple Podcasts! And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend. Special thanks to Steve Woodward at The Podcasting Editor for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.