Podcast guesting when everyone is home? That might seem like a recipe for destruction, but the reality is, it can be done successfully with a bit of planning and preparation. This episode was recorded during the COVID-19 global pandemic, while many of us are experiencing an abundance of humans being home with us, needing our attention, and using our internet. 😉 In times like this, whether it’s summer break, the holidays, or yes, a global pandemic, it might seem like the best solution is to nix podcast guesting as a visibility opportunities and to let your business take a seat on the back burner for a bit.
In this conversation with Melissa Corkum, we discuss why now, more than ever, is the ideal time for you to leverage podcast guesting as a way to increase your visibility.
Melissa is a writer, speaker, life coach and Empowered to Connect Parent Trainer. She is also a student on the Go Pitch Yourself training program, who used what she has learned to pitch herself to me!
As someone who has, at times, home-schooled her six children, she offers some great tips which have enabled her to carry on her business alongside running a busy family home. Plus she also talks about her most important take-aways from the Go Pitch Yourself program.
Topics covered include:
- How Melissa pivoted her business offer, using what she learned in the Go Pitch Yourself program, to pitch herself to me to serve my audience
- Melissa’s wisdom on the mindset we should consider adopting as we look to thrive in this new ‘normal.’
- Melissa’s experiences of home-schooling her family and tips and tricks that can help you to maintain your business when your house is suddenly full of people!
- The reasons why you should still be pitching yourself and leveraging podcast guesting as a visibility strategy.
- The benefits Melissa has gained through being part of the Go Pitch Yourself program
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Register for Angie’s Free Masterclass ‘Why (and How) to Prioritize Your Visibility through Podcast Guesting
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success to be notified when the Go Pitch Yourself program reopens
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more info at Angie’s website including details of the Go Pitch Yourself program and her upcoming FREE masterclass
- Visit The Cork Board and get the FREE Parent Success Plan video training
- Listen to Melissa’s podcast, The Adoption Connection
- Melissa on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Visit The Cork Board Facebook page
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to subscribe in Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at The Podcasting Editor for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.