Media and podcasts. Should you be pitching both types of outlets to increase your visibility? And, if so, do you use the same type of pitch?
In this funny (and frank!) conversation with my friend Christina Nicholson, we’ll talk about the similarities and differences between traditional media and podcasts, as well as the best ways to use your pitching skills to maximize your visibility.
With her agency, Media Maven, and her podcast, Become a Media Maven, Christina Nicholson helps bloggers and business owners reach thousands, even millions, of their ideal customers or clients in minutes instead of months through the power of traditional and new media – all without spending big bucks on advertising.
Topics covered include:
- How Christina went from being a TV reporter to becoming a professional freelancer
- The types of services that the Media Maven agency offers and its three-tier model of business for getting earned media, not paid-for advertising
- Examples of situations where local media appearances may be a better fit for businesses than podcast interviews
- What are the differences between pitching for media and podcasts?
- Tips for pitching to local media, what the benefits are and different ways to amplify the impact of your appearance through social media
- Get Christina’s FREE 3-day video media class at Pitch, Publicity, Profit
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get your free downloadable version of Angie’s roadmap for podcast pitching success
- Book a discovery call to see if Angie can support YOUR visibility needs
- Join the Go Pitch Yourself Facebook community
- Follow Angie on Instagram – and submit your screenshots when you’re ready to Go Pitch Yourself
- Get more info at Angie’s website
- Get Christina’s FREE 3-day video media class Pitch, Publicity, Profit
- Angie on Christina’s Become a Media Maven podcast
- Smart Passive Income Podcast with Pat Flynn
- Become a Media Maven podcast
- Christina’s Media Maven agency
- Christina on LinkedIn
- Christina on Instagram
- Media Maven and More Facebook page
- Follow Christina on Twitter
Now it’s time for you to get out there and Go Pitch Yourself! Be sure to screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @angie_trueblood and let me know that you are ready to #gopitchyourself! I’ll add your post to my story and help you spread the word!
Can’t wait to connect again!
Feel like you need a little support in getting started pitching yourself?
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I’d love for you to do that today so you don’t miss ANY episodes. Click here to subscribe in Apple Podcasts!
And, if you are SUPER pumped about the show, I would be so thankful if you would pop over to Apple Podcasts and leave a review. Crazy enough, reviews help other folks find my podcast and they help me get a real sense of what you love about the show.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Much love, friend.
Special thanks to Steve Woodward at The Podcasting Editor for handling all the behind-the-scenes tech pieces of production.